Thursday, November 4, 2010

What's New in goodmarvin

Well, yesterday was my baby's due date and she still has not arrived.  So while I wait around, trying to keep busy, I thought I'd take this opportunity to share with you some new things that are going on in my shop.  That is, before the demands of mommyhood consume all of my time!

The first thing I'm really excited about is my new infinity/eternity/extra long cowls I've been knitting with specialty yarns.  They're super dramatic and fun - some look like Elizabethan ruffles when worn.
Extra Long Circle Scarf in Sage Green, Aqua Blue and Purple

Extra Long Circle Scarf in Plum and Sage Green
(so fuzzy, warm and fun to wear!)

Extra Long Circle Scarf in Blue, Green, and Lavender Gray

I have plans to make more - in fact, there is one in yellow and very light gray that is very long and beautiful that I plan to photograph today and list soon.  I will be knitting until this baby arrives so keep checking back!

Some other new things:  Man scarves!  They are exactly what they sound like - just good looking scarves for the men folk in colors and designs befitting of the manliest of men.  As usual, I can't just make plain boring scarves - all of these have been knitted using a combination of yarns so they are completely one-of-a-kind, unique, handmade items.  A perfect gift for the dude in your life.  

Black and Silvery Gray Man Scarf


Marbelized Teal, Sky Blue, and Spring Green Windy Day Scarf with Buttons
(Long title, but a wonderfully practical scarf.  My husband always complains that his scarf comes undone when he's out in the cold, so voila!  Buttons to hold it in place!)

Beige and Brown Boucle Striped Man Scarf
(I love how soft the yarn is in this one, but it still has a distinctly manly feel.)


Ribbed Manly Scarf in Oatmeal and Gray

I'm going to stop there and let you check out the rest for yourself here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/goodmarvin?section_id=7170541

The last, super exciting thing I will leave you with is my new line of Schoolmarm Clutches.  Based on the design of the Sexy Librarian series, but with a rectangular body and more everyday, practical type fabrics.  

 Schoolmarm Fold Over Clutch in Brown Plaid and Floral


 Schoolmarm Fold Over Clutch in Cerulean Gingham


Schoolmarm Clutch in Charcoal Gray and White Houndstooth

There are plenty of other exciting new things in the shop - fun pom-pom winter hats, pretty neckwarmers with buttons, and fringed cowls, but I will let you check them out for yourself.  

If you don't hear from me again soon, you'll know we've finally welcomed our little daughter into the world.  

xoxo
Melissa


1 comment:

  1. What kind of yarn did you use for your Ribbed Manly scarf in Oatmeal and Grey?

    ReplyDelete