Thursday, December 10, 2009

Meet Marvin, my inspiration in life for many things...






    
   So, this little bastard is the dog I hold responsible for a great many things in my life.  He came as a set with my drummer husband - cantankerous dog with eccentric owner.  There was many a screw loose in this poor little Jack Russell's head - whether from faulty dog-brain wiring, neglect, or abuse, we will never know.  What I do know about Marvin (that's the name he came from the shelter with), is that for me he is and always will be a symbol of the fighting spirit.  Whether he was a little evil man or a good little man, he was always himself.  And although he died of cancer 7 months ago on May 3, 2009, he is still very much beloved and missed.

     In honor of his fighting spirit and tenacious ability to survive, I named my etsy shop goodmarvin.  In my shop, I explore new designs for handmade purses with both recycled and new fabrics, always trying to create one of a kind or small run bags.  When it turns cold, I also find myself sitting in front of the television, knitting furiously.  You may also noticed in my shop that I sell these curiously strange plush objects that resemble brightly colored pussies.  (Yeah, I'm not talking about cats.)




Here are some pics of Marvy.  I have also included some paintings I made of him before I turned into a plush sculptor.



No comments:

Post a Comment